Friday, December 04, 2009

To California We Go..

Let me tell you how much fun it is to travel with 3 kids 3 and under... We had DVD players for the older two to entertain them and the little one in the middle was not too fond of being in the carseat for a 6 hour drive. He seriously cried for 2 hours straight. I even broke down and took him out of his carseat for a little bit of the ride, otherwise I am pretty sure he would have cried the whole ride. I loved when I looked back and saw Bryce trying to put the bottle back in Chace's mouth and as you can see he was trying to do it without taking an eye off of that screen!

Our kids were so excited to go to the beach, but they didn't like the fact that they couldn't get in the water. We walked out on the rocks and Brynnly kept wanting to do it over and over and over again...I was scared to even do it and she was in flip flops just running along all the rocks with her older cousins.
Daddy & His Boys and Mommy & her Baby boyThis is the BEST family photo that we captured with this beautiful sunset... we all look a little out of it AJ and Bryce trying to play a little frisbee with their daddys.

This little girl loves ANYTHING that she can do to get dirtyWe met up one day with some of our bestfriends, Jason & Kelsey Crowder at Sea World. Brian and Jason were friends up at BYU Idaho before their mission and then they both got their mission calls to the EXACT same mission in Korea. And near the end of their missions ended up being mission companions. After their missions they were roomates and that is where we all met and hung out up at school. So it is so fun to keep in touch with them and get together when we go to California. We had a great time with them and our kids all got along so well! Thanksgiving Day Marler Softball Game in the morning.First time that Brynnly has ever tried to swing a real bat and it was the perfect size for her. Daddy was trying to help her, and by the end she thought that she could do it on her own and didn't want any help.Great form Brynn, mom must have taught you how to swing!Running the bases, she had NO clue where to go, she just would run around wild.

I always try to get a family photo of whatever we are doing, but the kids never like to participate in my kind of fun. They seriously want to run away anytime I want to take a picture.
And this sexy stud muffin... can I serioulsy keep him forever?!
Lucky me.I am not gonna lie. Although I didn't get out ever, I sure can't hit that ball to far. My arms are seriously weak. After this game I was so sore for 3 days...um, maybe I should start to work out?! The boys cheering us on in the dug out... It was so hot that day that I had to strip Chace down to the diaper.
So I decided since we were going to be in California that it would be a good thing to get Brynnly's teeth checked out to see what was going on in that little mouth of hers and so Brian & I took Brynnly to her first dentist appointment at Grandpa Kurts office (Brian's dad) She was excited at first to hop up in that cool chair and she didn't mind getting her teeth cleaned. She actually did really good. And then the bad news came that she had TWO cavities!! And that they would need to be filled soon because they were pretty bad. Well while she was getting her teeth cleaned they took x rays of our teeth and both Brian & I had TWO cavities as well. Seriously?! I always try to convince my father in law that I don't need to get them filled just quite yet...but it never works. I seriously don't think there is anything that I dislike so much as getting cavities filled! And especially the day before Thanksgiving!! I was afraid that I would be numb still and I wouldn't get to enjoy the big meal...luckily that feeling went away in only a few hours!
Poor Brynnly HATED getting her cavities filled. It was seriously PURE torture for her. I tried to comfort her, but I was just as big as a wuss as her, so Brian had to take over and hold her hand. I couldn't handle hearing her scream and cry that loud. I think most of it was just the whole scare of it, because I am pretty sure she couldn't feel a thing.
Grandpa was worried that she would be afraid of him after her visit to the dentist...but lucky for him, she forgives and forgets! She still loves him just as much as ever and even said that she still wants to be a dentist. (the past few months that is what she kept telling everyone that she wanted to be when she grows up)
We took all the grandkids to get pictures taken at the mall and then afterwards my kids wanted to meet Santa. Last year Bryce was scared to death of Santa and screamed the whole time, so I was glad to see that he grew out of that phase.
Bryce loved him and didn't want to get off of his lap this time. I had to ease drop to see what the kids were telling Santa what they wanted, because they tell me about a million different things everyday. Brynnly wants a kitchen and Bryce a ball. Sweet, sounds easy enough for me!Afterwards we went to one of our favorites... Red Robin... Brynnly was obsessed with her cousin Micheal and would just follow him around the whole time. He is such a great big cousin and loves to play with my kids.
Grandma with ChacerHave I mentioned how much I love this little guy?! He truly melts my heart. He makes it all worth it at the end of the day, after dealing with his older siblings, when he just cuddles up to me and falls asleep...oh man, I sure do love him.

4 comments:

Jason and Kelsey said...

so fun to see you guys! and i was laughing when i saw brynnly's little yellow outfit she wore to the dentist...kam has the same one! wish i would have known and we could have dressed them the same for sea world :)

The Curry Family said...

We love Sea World, so much fun! I agree, these blogs are a great way to keep in touch with everyone! You have adorable kids!

We aren't in Vegas permanently...hopefully! We'll be here for 2-3 years, and then hopefully be back in AZ.

Shar said...

Two words... sedation dentistry.

Bobbi said...

Love all the fun things in your hair I look funny with things in my hair when i try and pull it off! Your LIL family is so cute and i cant wait to see you all at Christmas time!!