Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like CHRISTMAS...

A few days before Halloween I tried to convince my hubby that everyone puts up their Christmas decor up on November 1st... but he thought about it for a minute, a little puzzled and then said, "Isn't it the day after Thanksgiving that you do that stuff?" We had a 20 minute convo about it as I was trying to make him think that he was wrong, and then I finally said, "ya, but we won't be here after Thanksgiving to put it up so therefore I am getting short changed a few days of getting to enjoy the Christmas tree." So the next day when he left for work, I went out to the garage cabinets and got down this massive box (must have weighed at least 200 pounds!!) and dragged it through the house with the help of Brynnly & Bryce...so pretty much NO help at all... I got the tree out of the box and even set the thing up all by myself!! This is so unlike me, I never do any lifting or putting things together, what I call "boy work" around here and so I knew that Brian would know that I was serious about this whole Christmas tree thing. After it was up I did realize that November 1st might just be a little too early to start decorating it, so with that in mind I just left it up until Brian got home and then he took it down and put it back in the box. Where it sat for 2 weeks and then once November 15th rolled around I thought it was close enough to December, so this time Brian put it up and let me tell ya...it was a whole lot nicer just sitting back and watching him do the work! Nonetheless, I did shock him that I actually did set it up by myself the first time so he didn't even try to argue about putting him up half way through November! This was our first year buying a fake Christmas tree, so maybe next year he will go back to the real tree so that I can't be tempted to put it up before Halloween is over!! I also just added a few little ornaments around the house in flower arrangements I already had and then just bought this red lamp to replace the one that is usually there. Since Brian and I have been married our house had all red decor so when we moved into this one I banned that color...but I really do like it, so it is fun for me to add little touchings of red for the Christmas season! Well I seriously just love everything about the Christmas season and it makes me in such a happy mood.

No comments: